Nathan Schwartz, 98, of Lancaster and formerly of Clinton, died Jan. 21 at the Sterling Village Nursing Center. Born and raised in Ayer, he was the son of Harry and Ada Schwartz. He graduated Ayer High School and served for three years in Northern France during World War II. He opened Schwartz Auto Parts in 1936 on Greeley St., in Clinton, later moving to Lancaster Rd. for the next 40 years. When he closed that location, he relocated to Winchendon. He was a long-time member of Congregation Shaarai Zedeck in Clinton, a life member of The Trinity Lodge of Mason, The Veterans of Foreign Wars and The American Legion. He was a donor to St. Jude’s Hospital and Boston Children’s Hospital. He supported agencies that were dedicated to animal care. He is survived by three daughters, Lorraine Jenkins and her husband, Ron, of Jacksonville, Fla., Eileen O’Connell and her husband, Dennis, of Tampa, Fla., and Paula Stewart and her husband, Roger Stewart, of Tigard, OR; his companion of many years, Frances (Evans) Finnegan; five grandchildren, Karen, Lori, Kyle, Stanton and Vanessa, eight great-grandchildren and several nieces, nephews and cousins. He was predeceased by his siblings, Mike, Anne, Joe, Millie and Fannie.
RICHARD PERLMAN OF BREZNIAK RODMAN CHAPELS OF NEWTON